The next chapter meeting will be held on
Friday, November 21 at 12:30 pm
Our featured speaker will be
Terry Meggitt, CPP
Payroll Manager at HealthPartners, Minneapolis
Terry will share his payroll knowledge and experience with us as he discusses year-end processing for payroll. Terry gives this presentation to many locations in the Midwest each year. Some of the items Terry will be discussing are:
1. Taxable Income
2. Principle of Constructive Payment
3. Taxable and Nontaxable Compensation
4. Other Employer Provided Benefits
5. Withholding and Reporting Rules
6. Box by Box Instructions for 2014 Form W-2
7. Decision Chart for Retirement Box
8. Changes for FICA and Supplemental Rates
9. Changes for Per Diem Rates
10. Changes for Mileage Rates
11. Changes for Retirement Plans
12. Changes for Qualified Benefit Plans
13. Changes for SUI Wage Bases
14. Changes for Federal Standard Deduction and Personal Exemption Values
15. Changes for Health Saving Accounts
16. Changes to State Minimum Wage
17. Legislative Actions
18. Phone Numbers and Web Sites
19. Calculating GTL
20. Grossing-Up Employer Paid Taxes
Bring your notepads and questions....Terry will have the answers!!
Please join us....
Attendance is not limited to members only, feel free to share this information
and bring a friend or co-worker. Your HR staff may be interested.
Guests may attend the luncheon and presentation for a special year-end fee of $15.
We will be meeting at The Jerstad Center on the Good Samaritan National Campus.
Lunch will be served at approximately 12:30
and the speaker will take the floor about 1:00.
We will dismiss about 4:30. This will give you 3 RCH's for continuing education.